The meeting was called to order by Candi Gerard, 7 pm, at Pioneer Pavilion Community Center, 2007 Cherry St, Ferndale.
Secretary’s Report: The April 18, 2022, minutes were approved.
Treasurer’s Report: No report.
Membership: No report.
Federation: Michael reported that the Federation Show will be held September 30-October 2, 2022, in Hillsborough, Oregon. The Federation Show schedule is also posted at the club’s retail store.
Washington State Mineral Council (WSMC): Michael reported on a field trip on May 21, Marble Mount. Please check the WSMC website for more information about other field trips and where/when to meet. The website is: 2022 Trips.pub – Microsoft Publisher (wordpress.com)
- The new co-chairs were introduced, Gordy Gerard and Fred Gustafson. Walt Kulpa is a co-chair as well.
- Glenn reported that an Intro class is tomorrow night. Intro classes are held on Tuesdays and are for members new to lapidary to learn about safety, equipment/tools, and basic lapidary. This class must be taken in order to sign up for open lapidary night. Candi will be taking over as the instructor.
- Open Lapidary night is on Thursdays, 6-9 pm. Cost is $10.
- You must sign up one week in advance and prepay for these classes at the club’s retail store. If you do not prepay, you can get bumped off the list by someone that does pay.
Show 2023: No report.
- Rockhound Recycling Rendezvous (RRR) will be on June 11, Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm. There are still spaces available, 10’x10’, for $20 to sell your rocks and other rock hobby related items. Doors open at 8 am for you to set up. You will need to bring your own tables and food.
- Michael reported on a NFMS Junior Achievement Award. Also, there is a graduate scholarship offered. The club’s retail store has more information.
Show and Tell: Fluorite
The next meeting is on June 20. There will be a video presentation on the Naica Crystal Cave. There will be no show and tell this month.
Meeting adjourned at 8 pm, Respectfully submitted by Linda Mitchell
Club Web Address: www.mtbakerrockclub.org
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mtbakerrockclub
For Questions, Club Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Retail Store, Bellis Fair Mall, Space 424 (JC Penny’s Wing), Hours: Closed Mondays, Tuesday-Saturday 11 am to 7, Sunday Noon to 6 pm
MT BAKER ROCK & GEM CLUB 2020 OFFICERS:
PRESIDENT: Candi Gerard VICE-PRESIDENT: Bonnie Keel
SECRETARY: Linda Mitchell TREASURER: Deb Gannaway
FEDERATION DIRECTOR: Michael Langley WAGONMASTER: Need Volunteer
DIRECTOR-AT-LARGE: Gordy Gerard DIRECTOR-AT-LARGE: Ralph Sisco
DIRECTOR-AT-LARGE Alt: Sharon Geleynse
PAST PRESIDENT: Wes Gannaway
Librarian: Todd Folsom Kitchen: Kathy Mayock
Mineral Council: Michael Langley Publicity: Wes Gannaway
Lapidary: Gordy Gerard/Fred Gustafson New Membership: Wes Gannaway
2022 Show: Bonnie Keel/Wes Gannaway Webmaster: Todd Folsom