July 1, 2019 The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm by President Candi Gerard. In attendance: Deb and Wes Gannaway, Michael Langley, Gordy Gerard, and Linda Mitchell. The meeting was held at WECU in Ferndale.
- Secretary’s Report: The minutes were approved from last month as printed in the newsletter. A draft of a certificate was presented for review.
- Treasurer’s Report: Deb has made payment to Totem Terrace for the picnic area.
- Membership: No report.
- Federation: No report.
- Wagonmaster: Michael reported that Saturday’s field trip found some good material.
- Library: No report.
- Washington State Mineral Council (WSMC): No report.
- Rock Pups: No report.
- Parks: No report.
- Lapidary Room Committee: Candi has found another location. She is waiting for a call back to see if they have water and electricity available.
- Education Committee: No report.
- 2020 Show: No report.
- Old Business: The picnic was discussed. Since the fees at Bloedel have been increasing, we are looking at other locations for the monthly meetings, show, and rockround rendezvous (RR).
- New Business: • Gordy’s rock sale is July 19-21, 2019. If there is enough interest from the members to volunteer their time, the club will also sell their rocks. More information will be forthcoming about the club rock sales during the next general meeting on July 15th . • In the middle of August, the museum will have displays of minerals and fossils. There are several members who will have specimens on display.
The next board meeting will be on August 5, 2019, 6:30 pm, at the WECU in Ferndale Exit 262. Meeting adjourned at 7:25 pm — Respectfully submitted by Linda Mitchell