The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by President Candi Gerard. Candi welcomed everyone to the meeting. The drawing for members was done. There were no guests.
Secretary: Last month’s minutes were approved as printed in the newsletter. There are flyers at the front table of upcoming shows and rock sales. The club’s email address has changed to email@example.com and will be used to notify members of meeting minutes and announcements.
Treasurer’s Report: Deb gave a report on the bills paid and the income received. The income received during the garage sale on September 14th was reported.
Membership: There is one new member.
Library: There are books available to be checked out by members. There is a silent auction for members and guests. If you won the bid, please pay Deb at the end of the meeting.
Federation: The annual meeting and show will be held October 18-20 in Lewiston ID.
Wagonmaster: Seren is working on a field trip to the Skagit River on September 29th.
More information will be sent by email to the members. Seren has samples of rocks from the upcoming field trip.
Mineral Council (WSMC): The next field trip is on September 21st to Little Naches. For more information, please see the WSMC link on the club’s website about the field trip.
Lapidary Room Committee: No report.
Education Committee: No report.
2020 Show: Wes reported the show is March 27, 28, and 29, 2020. He will be sending information to different rock-related periodicals about the show. The 2020 show will be held at Bloedel Donovan. Due to the rising costs by the Parks Department, the show in 2021 will probably be held at a different location.
• Candi thanked everyone that donated items and helped during the club’s garage sale on September 14th.
• The board has been looking at different venues for our club events. The next Rockhound Rendezvous will be held at the Pioneer Pavilion Community Center, June 13, 2020. The club is saving a considerable amount of money by changing the venue. The board members are looking at this same location for the 2021 show. A change to the general meeting location is being considered as well. The location being looked at is in Ferndale at The Tillicum House in Pioneer Park. If anyone has any comments about these locations, please comment by email to any of the board members.
• Annual membership dues of $20 are due in October.
• Board member elections are in November. If you would like to volunteer to be a board member, please contact one of the board members.
• The October meeting is the White Elephant auction. The doors open at 6:00 pm to register for numbers. The auction will begin at 6:30 pm. Donations for the auction are needed.
There was a short break and we had the September show and tell of Botryoidal Formations.
Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm Respectfully submitted by Linda Mitchell
October Snacks: Deb and Sandy
The September Board Meeting was cancelled due to the Labor Day holiday.