The meeting was called to order by Candi Gerard, 7 pm, at Pioneer Pavilion Community Center, 2007 Cherry St, Ferndale. Candi welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Secretary’s Report: The June 20, 2022, minutes were approved. There are flyers at the front table about upcoming shows and events.
Treasurer’s Report: Deb gave a report of the bills.
Membership: There are 4 new members.
Federation: The Federation show is September 30-October 2, in Hillsboro OR.
Washington State Mineral Council (WSMC): Field trip July 23-24, Sweetwater for Travertine.
The WSMC has field trips for club members to attend. Please check the WSMC website for the schedule and information about the field trips, where/when to meet.
- Open lapidary night is on Thursdays, 6-9 pm for members. Cost is $10. You must sign up one week in advance and prepay at the club’s retail store.
- For members to attend open lapidary night, you need to take an Intro class. There is also an upcoming class on beading a cabochon. For more information on classes, sign up, and pre-payment, please go to the club’s retail store in Bellis Fair Mall.
Wagonmaster: Vacant. Need volunteer.
Show 2023: The show is March 25-26, 2023, the last full weekend in March.
- We are changing the Rockhound Rendezvous from June to the fall. Attendance may be better in the fall.
- There are papers at the front table for members to sign to show their interest so we know what direction the club should focus on.
- Next month a work party will be scheduled to help go through the rocks for Club Sales.
- For the September 19th meeting, Todd Folsom will give a presentation on Geology of Steamboat Rock State Park.
- There will be a club picnic/potluck this year on August 28, at Candi and Gordy Gerard’s, 1371 Paradise Rd, Ferndale. The picnic/potluck starts at 5 pm and we will eat at 6 pm. Please bring potluck dish and your own eating utensils (plate, fork, spoon, knife). You will also need to bring your own chairs and drinks.
Break. Happy Birthday 75th to Wes Gannaway. Cake and coffee were served.
Show and Tell for July: Members showed some wonderful specimens of “red rocks.”
The next meeting is on August 15. Show and tell: Fossils
Meeting adjourned at 8:08 pm, Respectfully submitted by Linda Mitchell
Club Web Address: www.mtbakerrockclub.org
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mtbakerrockclub
For Questions, Club Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Retail Store, Bellis Fair Mall, Space 424 (JC Penny’s Wing)
Hours: Closed Mondays, Tuesday-Saturday 11 am to 7, Sunday Noon to 6 pm
MT BAKER ROCK & GEM CLUB OFFICERS:
PRESIDENT: Candi Gerard
VICE-PRESIDENT: Bonnie Keel
SECRETARY: Linda Mitchell
TREASURER: Deb Gannaway
FEDERATION DIRECTOR: Michael Langley
WAGONMASTER: Need Volunteer
DIRECTOR-AT-LARGE: Gordy Gerard
DRECTOR-AT-LARGE: Ralph Sisco
DIRECTOR-AT-LARGE Alt: Sharon Geleynse
PAST PRESIDENT: Wes Gannaway
LIBRARIAN: Todd Folsom
KITCHEN: Kathy Mayock
MINERAL COUNCIL: Michael Langley
PUBLICITY: Wes Gannaway
LAPIDARY: Gordy Gerard/Fred Gustafson/Walt Kulpa
NEW MEMBERSHIP: Wes Gannaway
2023 SHOW: Bonnie Keel/Wes Gannaway
WEBMASTER: Todd Folsom